Always replace both stationary and rotating parts of seal. Do not mix old and new
1. Wash and clean air dry new seal parts.
2. Install the seal springs into aluminum seal retainer. Install new 0rings dry on stationary steel part of seal
and place seal into retainer so notch is located in pin in retainer (refer to Fig. 21).
3. Install large O-ring on O.D. of retainer (refer to Fig. 21).
4. Install new O-ring in I.D. of bronze rotating part of seal (refer to Fig. 20).
5. Wrap a piece of plastic around drive shaft and slide rotating bronze part over shaft making sure it is
seated. Do not press on seal surface (refer to Fig. 22).
6. Install stationary seal and retainer into place and press retainer in so snapring groove is open (refer to Fig.
7. Close snapring with pliers. Install snapring with tapered edge out.
8. For ease of installation start snapring in groove with side opposite snapring holes (refer to Fig. 24).