2. The two grooves side by side re- quire an O-ring and backup ring. The O-ring goes into the groove first.
Then install the backup ring on top of the O-ring. The flat side of the back- up ring faces away from the O-ring.
3. The remaining groove requires only an O-ring (refer to Fig. 10).
4. Place manifold against motor end cap. Install bolts, being certain O-rings did not slip from their grooves.
Tighten bolts to 19-21 lb ft (27.7628.47 Nm) torque.
5. Check reservoir for oil level.
REPLACEMENT OF HIGH PRESSURE RELIEF VALVES
1. Apply a wrench on hex portion of valve and unscrew from manifold block (refer to Fig. 11).
There are two relief valves in manifold block.
1. Prior to installation, inspect O-rings and backup rings for damage.
2. Apply a lubricant to the O-ring and install valve in manifold block (refer to Fig. 12).
3. Tighten valve to 20 lb ft (27.12 Nm) torque.