4. Install connector to charge pump (refer to Fig. 4). Torque 14-20 lb ft (18.98-27.12 Nm).
5. Install line from reservoir to connector on charge pump.
Excessive tightening may distort charge pump and cause leaks or malfunction.
6. Check oil level in reservoir.
REPLACEMENT OF CHECK VALVES
1. Remove charge pump (refer to Installation and Plumbing).
2. Using a drag link, unscrew check valve from end cap (refer to Fig. 5).
There are two check valves. It is advisable to replace both check valves when
servicing unit (refer to Fig. 6).
1. Prior to installation, inspect O-rings for damage (refer to Fig. 7). Apply a light coat of oil.
On 20 through 23 series pumps, tighten check valves to 30-40 lb ft (40.68- 54.24 Nm) torque.
On 24 through 27 series pumps, tighten check valves to 80-90 lb ft (108.48- 122 Nm) torque.