LUBRICATING OIL COOLER
2. Clean the old gasket material from both faces of the core flange and affix new gaskets to the inner and outer
faces (Fig. 2). Insert the core into the cooler housing.
The inlet and outlet openings in the oil cooler core are stamped IN and OUT. It is very important
that the core be installed in the correct position to prevent any possibility of foreign particles and
sludge, which may not have been removed in cleaning the fins of the core, entering and
circulating through the engine.
3. Align the matchmarks previously placed on the core and housing and install the oil cooler core in the oil
4. With the matchmarks in alignment, place the oil cooler housing and core against the oil cooler adaptor.
Then secure the housing in place with bolts and lockwashers. Tighten the bolts to 13-17 lb ft (18-23 Nm)
5. Slide the hose and clamps in position between the cylinder block water inlet elbow and the oil cooler.
Secure the clamps in place.
6. Place a new gasket between the water pump and the cooler housing and secure the pump to the cooler
7. Position the hose and clamps in place between the water pump and the tube to the thermostat housing.
Secure the clamps.
8. Install all of the accessories or equipment it was necessary to remove.
9. Reinstall the oil filter (in-line engine).
10. Make sure the draincock in the bottom of the cooler housing is closed. Then fill the cooling system to the
Figure 2. Oil Cooler Details and Relative Location of Parts