Figure 7. Removing Oil Pump Drive Gear
Figure 8. Installing Oil Pump Drive Gear
2. Insert the six bolts with lock- washers (if used) through the pump body and thread them into the engine front
cover. Tighten the bolts to 13-17 lb ft (18-23 Nm) torque.
3. Install the lower engine front cover and pump assembly on the engine as outlined in Engine Front Cover
4. Attach the oil inlet screen to the oil inlet pipe support with two bolts and lockwashers (Fig. 9).
Figure 9. Oil Pump Inlet Pipe and Screen Details and Relative Location of Parts (In-Line Engine)
5. Place the oil pump inlet pipe and screen assembly in position and fasten the support to the main bearing
6. Slide the inlet pipe flange and seal ring against the engine front cover and secure them with the two bolts
On in-line engines, the oil pump inlet tube and water by-pass tube seals are the same size but of
different material. Be sure that the correct seal is used. A new oil pump inlet tube seal may be
identified by its white stripe.
7. Install the oil pan and refill the crankcase to the proper level.
8. Install the crankshaft pulley, fan pulley, support bracket, and any other accessories that were attached to the