1. Clean the spray tip as outlined under Clean Injector Parts.
2. Replace the needle valve and spray tip assembly.
3. Clean the spray tip with tool J 1243.
4. After the possibility of an incorrect or faulty spray tip has been eliminated and the injector output still does
not fall within its specific limits, replace the plunger and bushing with a new assembly.
The fuel output of an injector varies with the use of different spray tips of the same size due to
manufacturing tolerances in drilling the tips. If the fuel output does not fall within the specified
limits of the Fuel Output Check Chart, try changing the spray tip. However, use only a tip
specified for the injector being tested.
5. Replace the needle valve and spray tip assembly.
6. Replace the spring seat.
7. Replace the valve spring.
8. Replace the cracked parts.
9. Replace the plunger and bushing assembly.
10. Lap the sealing surfaces.
11. Disassemble the injector and clean all of the parts.
12. Assemble the gear with the drill spot mark on the tooth engaged between the two marked teeth on the rack.
13. Replace the spray tip and the plunger and bushing assembly to provide the correct output.