1. Clean the orifices with tool 4298-1, using the proper size wire.
2. Replace the spray tip.
3. Clean the injector tip with tool 1243.
4. After the possibility of an incorrect or faulty tip has been eliminated and the injector output still does not fall
within its specific limits, replace the plunger and bushing with a new assembly.
The fuel output of an injector varies with the use of different spray tips of the same size due to
manufacturing tolerances in drilling the tips. If the fuel output does not fall within the specified limits of
the Fuel Output Check Chart, try changing the spray tip. However, use only a tip specified for the injector
5. Replace the cracked parts.
6. Replace the plunger and bushing assembly.
7. Lap the sealing surfaces.
8. Disassemble the injector and clean all of the parts.
9. Assemble the gear with the drill spot mark on the tooth engaged between the two marked teeth of the rack.