plastic fuel outlet tube on the calibrator (Fig. 20)
depends on the adaptor being used and the
direction of fuel flow through the injector.
Calibrator J 22410
To check the fuel output, operate the injector in
calibrator J 22410 (Fig. 21) as follows:
Place the cam shift index wheel and
fuel flow lever in their respective
positions. Turn on the test fuel oil
heater switch and preheat the test oil to
95- 105 (35-400C).
1. Place the proper injector adaptor between
the tie rods and engage it with the fuel block
locating pin. Then slide the adaptor forward and
up against the fuel block face.
2. Place injector seat J 22410-226 into the
Figure 18. Installing Injector Valve
permanent seat (cradle handle in vertical
parts on Auxiliary Tester J 22640
position). Clamp the in- jector into position by
operating the air valve.
Make sure the counter (Fig. 22) on the calibrator is preset at 1000 strokes. If for any reason this
setting has been altered, reset the counter to 1000 strokes by twisting the cover release button to
the left and hold the reset lever in the full up position while setting the numbered wheels. Close
the cover. Refer to the calibrator instruction booklet for further information.
3. Pull the injector rack out to the no-fuel position.
4. Turn on the main power control circuit switch. Then start the calibrator by turning on the motor starter
The low oil pressure warning buzzer will sound briefly until the lubricating oil reaches the proper
5. After the calibrator has started, set the injector rack into the full-fuel position. Allow the injector to operate
for approximately 30 seconds to purge the air that may be in the system.
6. After the air is purged, press the fuel flow start button (red). This will start the flow of fuel into the vial. The
fuel flow to the vial will automatically stop after 1000 strokes.
7. Shut the calibrator off (the calibrator will stop in less time at full-fuel).