Unclamping the Injector
1. Open the thru-flow valve to release pressure
in the system.
2. Move lever 5 down to release the clamping
3. Swing out the adaptor plate and remove the
injector after the nylon seals in the clamping
head are free and clear of the injector filter
4. Carefully return lever 5 to the up (horizontal)
Needle Valve Tip Test (Using J 23010 Tester
and Tip-Test Adaptor)
Assemble injector parts on tip-test adaptor as
1. Clamp the flat sides of tip-test adaptor J
23010-129 firmly in a vise and assemble the
cleaned injector parts including the check valve
cage, spring, spring seat, spring cage, and spray
Figure 14. Assembling Injector Valve Parts on
2. Carefully pilot the injector nut over the spray
Tip Tester Adaptor J 23010-129
tip and valve parts and thread it onto the
adaptor (Fig. 14).
3. Tighten the injector nut.
4. Mount the adaptor and assembled injector parts in the support bracket (adaptor plate not needed). Refer to
5. Install the offset clamping head on the clamping post (on J 23010 testers without serial numbers, use the
upper detent position and on J 23010 testers numbered 1051 and higher, use the lower detent position).
6. Select the (larger) 9/16-18 threaded coupling nut J 23010-20 and thread it on tubing J 23010-75.
Install the tubing and fitting to adaptor J 23010-167.
7. Connect the tubing to tip-test adaptor J 23010-129 by threading the coupling nut on the tip-test adaptor.
Installing Adaptor and Tube Assembly on Tester J 23010
1. Position the adaptor and tubing assembly with the solid projecting end located in the hole on the left side of
the support bracket.
2. Swing the clamping head over the adaptor and clamp it with the oil supply outlet aligned over the open
projecting end of the adaptor (Fig. 15).