Pin, cotter, 3/16 x 2 1/8
Pinion gear nut
Pinion gear key
Washers, lock, std, ½ (4 req'd)
Screws, cap, hex hd, ½ -13NC x
1 ½ (req'd)
Figure 123. First countershaft bearing tube disassembled.
countershaft (13) a few times with a soft faced hammer to loosen the tube.
(12) Remove and discard the gasket (14).
(1) Use an arbor press and press the bearing (6) and outer oil seal (5) from the bearing tube. Discard the oil
(2) Remove the inner oil seal (7) and spacer (8).
(3) Remove the bearing rollers (12) from the shaft and press out the bearing cone (11) from the bearing tube
(4) Remove and discard the oil seal (10).
c. Cleaning. Wash all parts in cleaning solvent and dry them with clean compressed air. Clean all rust, dirt, and
sludge from the inside walls of the bearing tube. Use a wire brush to clean all rust, corrosion, and dirt from the mounting
screw threads. Use scrapers to remove old gaskets adhering to the mounting surfaces of the transmission case.