( ) Remove the adjusting lock pin (14) and spring (15).
d Cleaning. Wash all metal parts in cleaning solvent and dry them with a soft absorbent cloth or clean compressed
air. Use a stiff brush to clean all threaded surfaces. Remove all dirt, sludge, rust, and corrosion from threaded and
machined surfaces. Blow out the lubricant passage in the cone collar with clean compressed air.
e. Inspection and Repair.
(1) Inspect the cone collar for wear, breaks, cracks, pitting, and distortion. Replace the cone collar if worn or
damaged. Always replace both cone collars in sets, to avoid excessive plate and clutch slippage.
(2) Inspect all threaded surfaces for damaged, corroded, or stripped threads. Replace all defective parts.
(3) Inspect the steel insert on the floating plate for flaws, cracks, and wear. If the steel insert is grooved,
chipped, or worn, the floating plate must be replaced.
(4) Replace the hub and back plate if the threads, teeth, or splines are broken, worn, or damaged.
(5) Check the finger levers and lever links for wears, breaks, cracks, damaged or worn pin holes, and excessive
play. Replace all finger levers and lever links if some of them are damaged or worn. Always replace the
finger levers and lever links in complete sets.
(1) Install new friction disks (10) and rivet them to the driving plate (11). Make sure that the friction disks
adhere firmly and evenly to the driving plate.
(2) Install the lever links (20) on the sliding sleeve (18) and secure them with the lever link pins (21) and
retaining rings (19).
(3) Install the finger levers (7) on the adjusting yoke (17) and secure them with the lever pins (6) and retaining
(4) Attach the sliding sleeve (18) to the adjusting yoke (17) and secure the connecting links with lever link pins
(21) and retaining rings (19).
(5) Install the adjusting lock pin (14) and spring (15).
(6) Install the cone collar (4) and secure it with the mounting bolts (1), washers (2),and nuts (5).
(7) Install the grease fitting (3).
(8) Assemble the springs (12) and driving plate (11) on the hub and back plate (13). Make sure that the springs
are properly seated between both plates.
(9) Install the floating plate (8).
(10) Position the adjusting yoke (17) on the hub and back plate (13), being careful not to damage the threads.