(2) Install the rotor gear (4) on the rotor shaft and secure it with a new rotor gear pin (28).
(3) Install the thrust washer (3), rotor shaft shims (2), and bearing (1) on the rotor shaft.
(4) Install the coil (6) in the drive end frame (14) and tighten the setscrews (10). Bend the coil lead upward so
that it will not interfere with the rotor shaft installation.
(5) Install the stop pin (22).
(6) Install the rotor (5) in the drive end frame (14).
(7) Install the drive end seal (15), seal washer (16), and disk (17) on the rotor shaft.
(8) Install the pawl springs (18) on the impulse coupling hub (21).
(9) Engage the outer end of the spring (20) in the slot of the impulse coupling shell (27) and wind up the spring
until it is compressed sufficiently to fit completely into the impulse coupling shell.
(10) Lift the inside end of the spring (20) just enough to engage it with the anchoring slot in the impulse coupling
hub (21). Secure the spring in the slot.
(11) Turn the hub (21) and wind up the spring (20) three-quarters of a turn until both of the cam lugs on the hub
have passed once over both of the cam lugs on the impulse coupling shell (27). Press the hub (21) and
shell (27) together.
(12) Install the key (19) and press the impulse coupling assembly on the rotor shaft.
(13) Install the lockwasher (26) and impulse coupling nut (25). Tighten the nut (25). Bend the ears of the
lockwasher (26) over the nut (25).
(14) Install the vent screws (11), vent hoods (12), and vent hood screws (13).
(15) Install the distributor gear (13, fig. 101) and distributor bearing (11) in the bearing support (12). Make sure
that the filed-off tooth on the rotor gear (4, fig. 102) is meshing with the two teeth marked "C" on the
distributor gear (13, fig. 101). With gears in this position, the magneto will be properly timed internally.
Secure the assembly with the distributor shaft snap ring (10) and distributor bearing snap ring (16).
(16) Install the bearing support (12) and tighten the mounting screws (15) and lockwashers (14).
(17) Install the condenser and tighten the mounting screw (29) and lockwasher (14).
(18) Install the stationary support bracket (21), cam wick (30), breaker arm (23), snap ring (22), and primary
ground spring (24).