1 Camshaft gear
4 Crankshaft gear
2 Cylinder block
5 Crankshaft gear timing mark
3 Camshaft gear timing mark
Figure 95. Timing marks.
(14) Coat a new timing gear cover gasket (5, fig. 92) with a fastdrying gasket sealer. Install the gasket on the
timing gear cover.
(15) Install the timing gear cover (15) on the cylinder block and tighten all mounting screws (10, 11, and 14).
(16) Install the fan drive pulley and crankshaft jaw (par. 180).
(19) Install the engine (par. 175). Start the engine and check the timing gear cover for oil leaks. Tighten the
mounting screws or replace the oil seal if necessary.
Section IV. COOLING SYSTEM
183. Operational Description of Cooling System
The engine cooling system consists of a suction-type fan, a radiator assembly, and a centrifugal water pump. The
cylinder block is water