(2) Disconnect the hydraulic lines from the inlet and outlet(7) ports of the pump. There will be some hydraulic
oil left in the lines. Keep a container ready to catch the oil bled from the lines.
(3) Turn the adjusting screw (3) counterclockwise and remove it from the adjusting screw bracket (4).
(4) Loosen the mounting screws (10).
(5) Push the hydraulic pump (9) toward the crankshaft pulley (2) in order to loosen the belt (14).
(6) Remove the belt (14).
(7) Remove the mounting screws (10) and lockwashers.
(8) Lift up and remove the hydraulic pump (9).
(9) Hold the pump over the hydraulic oil container and drain the hydraulic oil from the pump body.
c. Inspection. Inspect the hydraulic pump for leaks, corroded connections, cracks, and breaks. Inspect the belt for
corroded, swollen, damaged, or oil soaked rubber. Replace the belt if cut, peeling, or heavily oil soaked. Check all
mounting screws and adjusting screws for corroded, damaged, or stripped threads.
d. Cleaning. Clean the hydraulic pump with a cloth dipped in cleaning solvent. Cover the inlet and outlet ports with a
clean cloth to prevent the entrance of dirt, dust, and grit. Wash all screws and lockwashers in cleaning solvent and clean
the threads with a stiff wire brush. Replace the screws if the threads are corroded, worn, or stripped.
(1) Position the pump (9) on the adjusting base (11) and install the mounting lockwashers and screws (10). Do
not tighten the mounting screws.
(2) Push the hydraulic pump (9) toward the crankshaft pulley (2) in order to facilitate installation of the belt (14).
(3) Install the belt (14).
(4) Tighten the mounting screws (10) fingertight.
(5) Install the adjusting screw (3) in the adjusting screw bracket (4) and turn it clockwise. This action will push
the hydraulic pump (9) away from the crankshaft pulley and thus tighten the belt (14).
(6) Turn the adjusting screw clockwise until the belt (14) can be deflected about one-half inch by thumb
pressure midway between the crankshaft (2) and hydraulic pump pulleys (13).
(7) Tighten the mounting screws (10) securely.
(8) Connect the hydraulic lines with the inlet and outlet (7) ports of the pump. Tighten the hydraulic line clamps.
(9) Fill the hydraulic system.