Water pump shaft
Generator bracket screw
Fan mounting hole
Water pump pulley
Radiator hose adapter
Figure 45. Water pump removal points.
(3) Loosen the generator mounting bolts (par. 112b) and push the generator against the cylinder block (7).
(4) Remove the fan belt from the crankshaft pulley and the generator pulley and slip the belt off the water pump
(6) Loosen the hose clamp and disconnect the radiator hose from the adapter (8).
(7) Remove the mounting screws (6) and lockwashers and remove the water pump (4) and gasket.
(1) Coat the new water pump gasket with a fast-drying gasket sealer. Apply the gasket sealer to the cylinder