Rear filler block
Figure 41. Oil seal installation.
(6 and 12) and allow about 5 minutes for the gasket sealer to set.
(8) Coat the mounting edge of the oil pan (16) with a fast-drying gasket sealer and install the oil pan on the
cylinder block. See that the mounting holes are properly alined and that the gaskets are not bent or twisted.
(9) Install the oil pan mounting screws (17) and lockwashers (18) and tighten them evenly and securely.
(10) Install and tighten the drain plug (14) and gasket (15).
(11) Allow about 20 minutes for the gasket sealer to set and harden. Then fill the oil pan with oil. Refer to LO 5-
(12) Start the engine and inspect the oil pan for leaks.
After the engine reaches its normal operating
temperature, check the oil pan again for leaks.
(13) Install the oil pan cover on the road roller floor and tighten the mounting bolts. If the cover was tackwelded to
the floor, clean the old welds and tackweld the cover to the floor. Clean and paint the tackwelds.
Section IX. COOLING SYSTEM
The cooling system of the engine consists of a suction-type fan, a radiator assembly, and a centrifugal water pump.
The engine block