(1) Spread the oil filter clamp straps (8) and install them on the oil filter body (7).
('2) Install the clamp strap bolts (9), lockwashers (17), and nuts (16). Tighten the bolts.
(3) Install a new filter element (6) in the oil filter body (7') with the element handle up. Push the handle down
until it is lying flat on the top of the filter element.
(4) Install the cover screw (1) and washer (2) in the filter cover (3).
(5) Turn the cover spring (4) clockwise and at the same time push it against the cover screw (1) until tile spring
snaps into the groove on the cover screw.
(6) Install a new gasket (5) on the cover (3). Coat the gasket lightly with engine oil.
(7) Position the cover (3) over the oil filter body (7) and see that the gasket (5) fits snugly and evenly on the top
edge of the oil filter body.
(8) Tighten the cover screw (1) securely.
(9) Install and tighten the 6il filter drain plug (18).
(10) Install the oil filter inlet hose elbow (19) and outlet hose elbow (21) on the filter body (7). Tighten both elbows
(1) Attach the oil filter to the adapter plate (12) and see that the mounting holes are properly alined.
(2) Install clamp strap mounting bolts (13), lockwashers (14), and nuts (15). Tighten the bolts securely.
(3) Connect the oil filter outlet line (20) with the outlet elbow (21) and tighten the fitting nut.
(4) Connect the oil filter inlet line (23) with the inlet elbow (19) and tighten the fitting nut.
(5) Start the engine and check the oil filter and oil filter lines for leaks.
(6) Check the oil level and add oil if necessary.
124. Oil Lines
a. Description. There are only two external oil lines on the engine. The oil filter inlet hose (23) connects the oil filter
with the engine crankcase. Through this line, oil is delivered under pressure from the engine to the oil filter. The oil filter
outlet hose (20) drains the cleaned oil from the oil filter into the engine.