(2) Remove the condenser mounting screw (7) and remove the condenser (6).
(3) Test the condenser on a reliable condenser tester for shorts, opens, leakage, and capacitance. Replace the
condenser if defective or if the lead is broken or damaged.
(4) Install the condenser in its proper mounting place and tighten the mounting screw (7).
(5) Connect the condenser lead (8) with the breaker arm terminal and tighten the screw securely.
117. Spark Plugs
a. Description. The engine of the road roller has six spark plugs (2), encased in radio suppression housings. Each
housing and spark plug form an integral assembly and cannot be disassembled. The shielded cable (7) from the magneto
to the spark plug (2) is attached by the adapter elbow nut (4) to the spark plug.
(1) Unscrew the adapter elbow nut (4) and disconnect the adapter elbow (5) and cables (6 and 7) from the spark plug
Nut, cable to adapter elbow
Adapter elbow nut
Nut, cable to magneto
Figure 36. Spark plug and cables disassembled.