Commutator end frame
Drive end frame
Figure 27. Generator, sectional view.
by a fan (9) mounted on the drive pulley (10). The armature shaft rotates on two ball bearings (1), located at the drive end
frame (8) and commutator end frame (15). The generated current is carried away through the armature (5) and field (6)
(1) Disconnect the shielded leads (16) from the generator (1). Tag the leads to facilitate installation.
(2) Remove the adjusting nut (3) and lockwasher (2).
(3) Loosen the mounting bolts (14).
(4) Push the generator against the engine and remove the fan belt from the generator pulley.
(5) Remove the mounting bolts (14) and lockwashers (13).
c. Inspection and Repair. Inspect the commutator and brushes for wear, dirt, cracking, or damage. Check the
mounting bolts and nut for damaged or stripped threads. See that the star lockwasher