3. TORQUE CONVERTER. Each 50 hours, check level with dipstick. Check level with engine stopped.
Change oil each 500 hours. After refill, operate for 5 minutes, check for leaks and bring to "FULL"mark
4. TRANSMISSION. Each 50 hours check level. Maintain level to plug. Change gear lubricant only when
required by maintenance repair action, or contamination by water or other foreign material. After refill, operate
for 5 minutes, check for leaks and bring oil to "FULL" mark.
5. HYDRAULIC OIL TANK. Each 10 hours check level. Maintain level to plug. Each 500 hours change oil
6. HYDRAULIC OIL FILTER. Each 500 hours, remove element, clean filter shell and install new element. After
replacement, operate hydraulic system for 5 minutes, check for leaks, check level and bring oil to "FULL" mark.
7. ENGINE OIL LEVEL HOT OR COLD CHECK. Cold engine, oil level should be at high mark on dipstick. Hot
engine, oil level must be between high and low marks on dipstick (allow to set 5 minutes before checking).
Check oil level each 10 hours. Check more often when OEA is used.
8. ENGINE. Oil is to be changed each 100 hours. Drain when lubricant is warm.
9. ENGINE OIL FILTER. Each 100 hours, remove filter element, clean housing and install new filter element.
After installing new filter element, fill crankcase, operate engine for 5 minutes, check housing for leaks, check
crankcase oil level and bring to "FU LL" mark.
10. AIR CLEANER. Each 10 hours, refill reservoir to level mark. Each 50 hours disassemble entire unit, clean,
re-oil and assemble.
11. LUBRICANTS. The following is a list of lubricants with military symbols and applicable specification
M 1 L-G-
(SD), Type II
Copy of this Lubrication Order will remain with the equipment at all times, instructions contained herein are
By order of the Secretary of the Army:
JOHN A. WICKHAM, JR.
General, United States Army
Chief of Staff
ROBERT M JOYCE
Major General, United States Army
The Adjutant General
To be distributed in accordance with DA Form 12-25B, Operator and Organizational maintenance requirements
for Motorized Rollers.
CARD 6 OF 6